by Fr Richard Heilman | August 12, 2015 6:35 pm
Okay, soldiers … we are just days away from an EXTREMELY important spiritual combat campaign:
The National 54 Day Rosary Novena that goes from the Feast of the Assumption (Aug. 15) to the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary (Oct. 7), which commemorates the Holy League victory at the Battle of Lepanto. To sign up for the 54 Day Novena, go HERE.
There is a battle, like never before, being waged right now, in our time …
We have just seen our country go the way of Sodom and Gomorrah. We are in the midst of a make or break time with Planned Parenthood. Evil forces around the planet feel unabated while the “former” world power (us) is now governed by peaceniks. Satanism is on the rise, led by Hollywood. Christians around the world are being killed. The Gay Agenda continues to gain power inside and outside of the Church. Religious liberty is under assault, and a great persecution is ramping up. Inside the Church, devout Catholics are being marginalized. Pope Francis is traveling to America during a time of great confusion about Church teachings, as many religious leaders are silent or ambiguous on grave issues in our world. And many are apprehensive and distressed as the Synod on the Family meets just as the 54 Day Rosary Novena concludes in October.
You need to see these 54 Days as a “Full On Bootcamp!!” This is your opportunity to bask in the glory of God’s grace with a multitude of saints in training. I am CONVINCED God will be pouring out a tsunami wave of grace for those who engage in this critical period of training for the monumental spiritual warfare that lies ahead.
1) Make your plans now. Sit down and make your own list on how you plan to utilize this grace-filled time.
2) Resolve to be disciplined: Schedule your daily practices, prayers, etc. Make a plan and stick to it.
3) Add some penance (mortification) to this time. Consider some “healthy” penitential discipline, e.g., increased exercise, eat only healthy food, add a good habit, subtract a bad habit, etc. This will be a wonderful time to enter fully into that fitness campaign you may have been putting off.
4) If you are not yet gaining that one indulgence a day, and/or not yet building your Holy Alliance, use this time to instill this “very obedient” practice (Go HERE).
5) If you aren’t already, get a journal or notebook and set certain pages aside for divinely inspired insights, and certain pages for prayer requests.
6) Select, for your journal, certain people you hope will be converted to a deeper faith life.
7) Commit to these 54 days only. Don’t speculate how it will go afterwards … that will only make your commitment more overwhelming than it needs to be. Offer to God your whole self for 54 days. You and God can work out the rest later.
Oh … and go to Confession as near to the beginning of your 54 days as possible. “With man this (54 days) is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26). Let’s move, always, in a “state of grace!”
NATIONAL 54 DAY ROSARY NOVENA
For daily Facebook notifications, go HERE
For daily email notifications, go HERE
Source URL: https://www.romancatholicman.com/americas-warrior-saints-rise-up/
Copyright ©2020 Roman Catholic Man unless otherwise noted.