Mother Angelica, SingleHandedly, Turned the Barque of Peter in 1993
by Fr Richard Heilman | April 19, 2018 7:34 PM
I believe Mother Angelica, single-handedly, turned the Barque of Peter around on August 14, 1993, with this Clarion Call to stand against a horrific liberal trajectory of Holy Mother Church. Much like a loving parent watching her toddler wander out into a road with busy traffic, Mother Angelica was stern and disciplinary in her rebukes of this terribly dangerous trend. As many of her quotes have been shared in the days following Mother’s passing on Easter Sunday, 2016, I was especially struck by this one: “Those who tell the truth, love you. Those who tell you what you want to hear, love themselves.”
She would call her sisters to wear a “more Roman” habit after this day. EWTN would go on to use modern media to present the more “authentic Catholicity” that millions would believe was “true.”
This was, providentially, on the Feast Day of St. Maximilian Kolbe who, in his day, would fight a very similar battle by use of the very best of modern media in his day.
My friends, modern media can certainly be used for evil, and it is. But, we must make use of it bring the light of truth into a world that is being bombarded with falsehoods and every kind of evil. Here is a sampling …
- Approximately one-third of the entire population of the United States (110 million people) currently has a sexually transmitted disease according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, there are 747,408 registered sex offenders in the United States.
- It is estimated that one out of every four girls will be sexually abused before they become adults.
- An astounding 30 percent of all Internet traffic now goes to adult websites.
- 70 percent of all men in the 18 to 24-year-old age bracket visit at least one adult website each month.
- The average high school boy spends two hours on adult websites every single week.
- The marriage rate in the United States has fallen to an all-time low. Right now it is sitting at a yearly rate of 6.8 marriages per 1000 people.
- In the United States today, more than half of all couples “move in together” before they get married.
- Not surprisingly, an all-time low 44.2 percent of all Americans in the 25 to 34-year-old age bracket are married at this point.
- America has the highest divorce rate in the world by a good margin.
- America has the highest percentage of one person households on the entire planet.
- According to the Pew Research Center, only 51 percent of all American adults are currently married. Back in 1960, 72 percent of all adults in the United States were married.
- For women under the age of 30 in the United States, more than half of all babies are being born out of wedlock.
- At this point, approximately one out of every three children in the United States lives in a home without a father.
- In a massacre that is almost unspeakable, more than 56 million American babies have been slaughtered in this country since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.
- The number of American babies killed by abortion each year is roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all of the wars that the United States has ever been involved in combined.
- About one-third of all American women will have had an abortion by the age of 45.
- It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.
- Most women that get abortions in the United States claim to be Christian. Protestant women get 42 percent of all abortions and Catholic women get 27 percent of all abortions.
- Approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.
- One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.
- A Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January 2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential terrorist.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, doctors in the United States write more than 250 million prescriptions for antidepressants each year.
- Right now, there are 70 million Americans that are on mind-altering drugs of one form or another.
- America has the highest rate of illegal drug use on the entire planet.
- According to the federal government, the number of heroin addicts in the United States has more than doubled since 2002.
- The number of heroin-related overdose deaths has risen 84 percent just since 2010.
- Without strong families, our young people are constantly in search of an identity. According to the FBI, there are now more than 1.4 million gang members involved in the 33,000 active criminal gangs in the United States.
- Average SAT scores have been falling for years, and the level of education that our kids are receiving in most of our public schools is a total joke.
- At this point, 15-year-olds that attend U.S. public schools do not even rank in the top half of all industrialized nations when it comes to math or science literacy.
- Nearly one-fifth of all U.S. adults have no religious affiliation whatsoever. Back in 1972, only 7 percent of all U.S. adults had no religious affiliation.
- The number of Americans with no religious affiliation has grown by 25 percent over the past five years.
- 29 percent of all U.S. adults seldom or never attend religious services.
- 66 percent of all U.S. adults believe that religion is losing its influence on American life.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the number of Americans with “no religion” more than doubled between 1990 and 2008.
- According to LifeWay Research, 46 percent of all Americans never even think about whether they will go to heaven or not. (100 Facts About The Moral Collapse Of America … by Michael Snyder)
A weak and compromising liberal Catholicism has no power to face and conquer these evils. We must grow stronger in our Catholic faith and do all we can to heal this planet from it’s terrible disease of evil.
Scripture is filled with God sending forth punishments on those who persist in sin. These are usually preceded by warnings through prophets and others. Take some time to search these modern prophecies: Anne Catherine Emmerich, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Good Success, Our Lady of Akita, Our Lady of La Salette and others.
Nobody can say for sure what God will do to “catch our attention” (“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” -Matthew 24:36). But, I know He loves us so much that He gave us His only Son and He will never give up on us.
Enjoy this monumental video by, hopefully, a future saint …
- stern and disciplinary in her rebukes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCvX94US7SY&nohtml5=False
- 100 Facts About The Moral Collapse Of America … by Michael Snyder: http://thetruthwins.com/archives/100-facts-about-the-moral-collapse-of-america-that-are-almost-too-crazy-to-believe
Source URL: https://www.romancatholicman.com/mother-angelica-singlehandedly-turned-barque-peter-1993/