by Fr Richard Heilman | January 12, 2016 2:10 PM
We’re looking for recruits for a Personnel Recovery Mission (PRM) dubbed “Operation Danny Boy.”
The “PRM Special Force” is an elite group of tactical warriors who are trained to execute conventional and non-conventional rescues. Their primary mission is to rescue personnel downed behind enemy lines (in the devil’s grasp). They operate around the world and live by the motto “That others may live.”
“Operation Danny Boy” is so named because the soul we are retrieving from the enemy (the devil) is named Danny. According to a Facebook friend, he’s a “pretty big fish” … he has experienced a lot of the war, and has lived life in the fast lane (Vegas, etc.). He lost his father to cancer while young, and is very devoted to his mother. His conversion will add a warrior to our ranks. He needs a full-on St. Augustine-like conversion!!
Those who sign-on for this mission will be asked to execute the following …
1) We move out on Saturday, January 16 for a 9 day St. Monica Novena (see below). Pray this once a day for 9 days.
2) PRM Special Forces will travel lightly for this mission. In other words, PRMSFs will be asked to enter into a stringent fast (whatever you are capable of doing) during these 9 days.
3) On day 9, Sunday, January 24, PRMSFs will offer their Sunday Mass for Danny.
4) Our focused attention is on Danny … no other … do not include other souls. It is essential that we are all focused on this one soul for this mission. We will have other PRMs in the future. We are bringing them to the Field Hospital one soul at a time.
5) Pray in thanksgiving on January 25, the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul
LET’S BRING HIM HOME, SOLDIERS!!
Exemplary Mother of the Great Augustine,
You perserveringly pursued your wayward son
Not with wild threats
But with prayerful cries to heaven.
Intercede for all mothers in our day
So that they may learn
To draw their children to God.
Teach them how to remain
Close to their children,
Even the prodigal sons and daughters
Who have sadly gone astray.
Dear St Monica, troubled wife and mother,
Many sorrows pierced your heart
During your lifetime.
Yet you never despaired or lost faith.
With confidence, persistence and profound faith,
You prayed daily for the conversion
Of your beloved husband, Patricius
And your beloved son, Augustine.
Grant me that same fortitude,
Patience and trust in the Lord.
Intercede for me, dear St. Monica,
That God may favorably hear my plea
For (mention your petition here)
And grant me the grace
To accept his will in all things,
Through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
In the unity of the Holy Spirit,
One God forever and ever. Amen.
Source URL: https://www.romancatholicman.com/recruiting-for-recovery-mission-2/
Copyright ©2021 Roman Catholic Man unless otherwise noted.